I only found out about the French actress and chanteuse Juliette Gréco the other day. Are you familiar with her at all? Well, if not here is a neat summary of the who, what and where of Juliette Gréco:
1) She was born 7th, February 1927 in Monpellier, France.
2) During World War II, she became involved in the Résistance for which she was arrested, and then released a few months later.
3) During the 50s and 60s she became a bohemian and hung out with people like Jean-Paul Sartre who famously said she had "millions of poems in her voice".
4) She was married three times and went out with Miles Davis for a while whom she describes as "one of the most elegant men I have known".
5) She declined a seven year Hollywood contract because it felt "inappropriate".
6) At 86, she is still very much in demand as a singer, having had a performance in the Paris Olympia in May last year, and as a model - she is YSL's brand ambassador.