Vivien Leigh, apart from being a well respected actress, was also a very beautiful woman. I think everyone knows that, don't they? Well, here are seven things you possibly didn't know about Vivien Leigh:
1. She was born in Darjeeling, India.
2. At the start of her career Vivien's agent suggested she change her original name, Vivian Holman, to 'April Morn'. Fortunately, she instead decided to change the spelling of her first name (Vivian became Vivien), and take her then husband's middle name of 'Leigh'.
3. She won two oscars for Best Actress in her most famous film roles: Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the Wind and Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire. Interestingly, both of these characters are 'southern belles'.
4. After reading Margaret Mitchell's novel Gone With the Wind she told her American agent to contact film producer David O'Selsnik and suggest that she would be perfect for the role of Scarlet O'Hara.
5. Like Scarlet, Vivien's parents were French and Irish.
6. She was a cat lady. Her most beloved pussy cat was a handsome siamese called 'New Boy'. You can see a picture of her here with him.
7. She was fluent in French, German and Italian.
I got my facts from this very good fan website: Vivien Leigh.